BreathTek® UBT for H. pylori Can Help Confirm That the Treatment Worked
The American College of Gastroenterology states that the UBT is the most reliable noninvasive test for confirming that the infection has been cured.1
Wait 4 Weeks
After being diagnosed with an H. pylori infection, you’ll most likely be prescribed antibiotics as treatment. Because antibiotics are prescribed often to cure infection, some bacteria have started to develop a resistance.2 So, in order to feel confident that you’re infection is cured, ask your doctor if you need to re-test with BreathTek UBT.
Rule out potential future risks of long-term infection.
Because an extended H. pylori infection can cause other, sometimes serious stomach complications, it’s a good idea to make sure that the infection is cured. Ask your doctor if you should re-test, especially if you:
- Have an ulcer or have had an ulcer in the past1
- Have had or currently have stomach cancer1
- Have persistent symptoms after treatment1
Benefits of confirming that you are cured:
- Ulcers are less likely to return once an H. pylori infection is cured.2
- Curing the infection is less expensive than staying on medicines to treat the symptoms.2
- You may reduce the risk of developing stomach cancer, especially if stomach cancer already runs in your family.2